April 25th, 2014 by Brentonator
We've pushed out a small update for the game. This update includes source engine updates from Valve, such as the recent server security issue most notably affecting Gary's mod.
- Updated to latest SDK2013 binaries
- Added cl_connectmethod to PlayerInfo.
- Added engine interface for Account IDs. (sync'd steamclient)
- Various checks to make sure file transfers are genuine.
- Restricted MOTDs to begin with http(s).
- Common engine crash fixes
If you own a Windows Server you'll have to update the SDK2013 Base files manually via SteamCMD:
app_update 244310 validate
You can check if your game has been updated by running the following command (output is shown as well): sv_setsteamaccount If you get "unknown command" your engine has not been updated.
Some servers have been having issues with users connecting to Chinatown. Users have also reported an error "Netchannel: unknown net message (42)" while trying to connect. If either of these issues are affecting you, you will need to request the server owner verify their installation. If you update with the -verify_all command it should resolve the issue.
1.07.9 Update Released
March 7th, 2014 by Brentonator
1.07.9 is finally out. It introduces a new weapon, a new survival map, a new objective map, a few dozen fixes, and an easier way to get into the game.
Camp Blood - A lakeside camping trip gone wrong, you're the only survivors left and there are rumors of a horde of zombies coming your way. Fight your way to an interesting (and sometimes hillarious) ending.
[pictured in header]
Junction - An amazing new objective map with an exciting ending made possible by ThoughT's excellent music composition and Hypnosis' level design.
Server Tags - You can now quickly find servers where you can spawn after connecting. Click "Add common tags..." on the bottom right of the server browser and select "Spawning:Active" to list only servers where there are at least 25 seconds left to spawn.
We haven't talked much about the future plans of NMRiH, so let's do that real quick, shall we? Our top priority right now is useability. We realize that people are frustrated with too much downtime during death and waiting for new rounds to begin. In 1.07.9 we introduced the very first step (a small one albeit) in making the game easier to play, thus more fun. The common tags mentioned above. This is just a small thing and we have bigger changes and improvements planned. We have listened to the feedback over this, but if you'd like to further discuss it head over to our Forum!
As for second priorities, new content is always being created. We have a couple new features that are close to done, but we don't want to make any promises or tease anything until we have them actually in the game and ready.
As always, thanks for playing!
Note: If you've found a bug, please click on this link. If your game crashes, please click here.
Extra Note: If your sound is glitchy, please head to your common/nmrih/nmrih folder and delete the following files:
- sound.cache (this one's located at common/nmrih/nmrih/sound)
- Levels will now follow the zombie caps set in the overlord_zombie_helper map entity
- Zombies will no longer walk to func_safe_zones which have the InputDeactivate flag enabled
- Zombies should now all properly freeze in place when the Extraction Cutscene starts
- Zombies will now longer spawn in the middle of the Extraction Cutscene
- Fixed a crash that involved infection and constant map changing/round resetting
- Fixed a bug that caused players to get stuck using Health crates
- Tracked zombies have been redefined as zombies who have a specific spawn brush
- Wave and func_zombie_spawn.input_zombie_spawn mapper created zombies will now count against the map-based zombie cap.
- Disabled the tactical reload functionality for the Mac 10
- Added func_nav_blocker entity
- Added fa_jae700
- Added nmo_junction
- Added nms_campblood
- Added new achievements for the two new maps
- Added new tags in Server Browser to make searching easier
- Disabled auto weapon switch on pickup
- Fixed a bunch of small things related to crashes and memory corruption
- Updated version number to 1.07.9
- Made ssba more of a jerkwad
- Fixed sound errors with certain Voice Sets
- Hooked in new ambient/tension/evac music files to Dynamic Music System
- Added the ability to taunt zombies and other players
- Updated the Winchester 1892 ironsight fire animation to be 'less flashy'
- Added the JAE700 Sniper Rifle
- Added various new textures and props for junction/campblood and future maps
- Converted older prop models to prop_static
- Removed outdated props with missing textures
- Made additional visual tweaks to the zombie player models
- Recompiled the following maps to properly use the now functioning zombie cap values set in overlord_zombie_helper: nmo_broadway, nmo_chinatown, nmo_cabin, nms_flooded, nms_northway, nms_silence, nms_isolated, nms_ransack
- Made minor adjustments in the garage area in nmo_chinatown
- Added a new Objective level, Junction.
- Added a new Survival level, Campblood.
- Blocked/closed upstairs windows (removed unused hint/skip)
- Added tonemap controller to the level (adjusted hdr)
- Improvements to some lighting.
- Redid the bridge connecting the two houses
- Removed Zone B, made the two houses fall under Zone A
- Added some lighting.
- Added new smoke particles to fire barrels.
- Improved some displacements.
- Some texture improvements.
- Improved functionality to supply drop air_node nav.
- Fixed broken outputs wave controller
- Changed max zombie count to 70
- Changed supply drop from every 5 rounds to every 3 rounds.
- Other small improvements.
MOTY 2013 + New Maps and Weapons
December 12th, 2013 by Xendrid
You did it! No More Room in Hell was nominated for the Mod of the Year Awards 2013! So what now? Now comes the final voting for the awards. We must call upon our awesome community once more.
THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT
As of right now we are working on wrapping up some major features that we have had in the works for awhile. If you thought child zombies was a controversial topic, wait until you see what we have planned next! Expect a video sometime early next year.
Our level design team has been busy updating current maps and Hammering out new ones. Here are some WIP screenshots of two new upcoming maps:
nmo_junction by Hypnosis
nms_campblood by Grasn
Here are two new melee weapons that we will be adding along with a donated rifle from the wonderful Steph Lane who works at Digital Extremes, the studio behind The Darkness II!
Fubar by Maxx
Work in progress animation by Rock
E-Tool by Maxx
Remington JAE 700 by Steph Lane and Maxx